The SDI is a self-development tool that gives us an indication of what really makes us tick and why we do the things we do. It looks at our motivations when things are going well and when things are going less well.
The underlying assumption of the SDI is that all human beings need to interact with others in a way that makes us feel good about ourselves and at the same time makes the other person feel good about him or herself. The SDI encourages us to think about behaviour not as an end in itself but as a vehicle that is driving us towards a greater feeling of self-worth. By better understanding these motivations we are more able to build effective relationships both personally and professionally.
The SDI is based on more than 30 years of research by psychologist Elias H Porter into self-concept from which he developed his Relationship Awareness Theory ™.
You will better understand how your fundamental values guide your behaviour and how this can lead you into avoidable conflict situations with others who have different values.
You will gain more clarity about how you go through the stages of conflict and better see where you have choices and alternatives that can lead to better results for you and for your colleagues.
You will have an opportunity to practice and refine your new skills in a relaxed and stress-free environment through numerous exercises and discussions.
- Why people behave the way they do
- The premises of Relationship Awareness Theory
- Personal assessment of your SDI results
- The conflict sequence of behavior and responses
- Mutual coaching: what works and does not work for my type
- The nature of conflict and motivational shifts
- Conflict triggers
- Mutual coaching: What I do, how I feel, how I want to be approached at each conflict stage for my type
- The nature of personal strengths and weaknesses and guidelines to improved conflict management competence
This is the right seminar for you and your team if you would like to
- have fewer conflicts and better results from the conflict that still arises
- increase the productivity of existing teams through improved relationships and increased understanding of individual differences
- reduce time spent managing conflict
- reduce employee turnover related to conflict
- reduce complaints and grievances
- Duration: 2 days
- Daily from 09:30 to 17:30
- Group size max. 8 participants per seminar
- Seminar language: English with a native speaker trainer
- Seminar is customised to the individual learning styles of each participant
- Seminar documentation
- Beverage, break snack and delicate lunch
- Seminar fee: 990 Euro zzgl. 19 % MwSt. p.P.